Every day

on Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Every day is an artful day.
Fresh figs not only inspired a dye project but an entire garden.

It is fun to gather natural materials for all sorts of imaginative projects.

Anything can be made into amazing art.
I love the made from scratch life.
I love handmade, homemade.
I am working on gathering for our trip.
I am making plans.
I have made so many different things in the past.
From a tea towel I bought in Yellowstone National Park when we visited in 2000 I made a nice pillow.
I wonder what treasures I will find this time?
I am drying peonies,
chamomile
and oranges for winter teas.
They will be ready to store when I return.

Our son gave us these gorgeous fossils last year.

I have them in one of the mini cabinets in my house.
I have many cabinets of curiosities.

We are getting the gardens ready to be left for a few weeks.
There is an art to pruning.



I decided to knit a lap blanket while I travel.

My daughter told me about this great on line knit shop,
Knit Picks. Great prices on yarn.
I have knitted a few rows to get started. It is an easy, relaxing project. Plus I need a lap blanket for the car.

I am so very excited.
Road trips are so very conducive to 
artful living.