Bugs and Mosaics

on Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I have a special spot in my heart for the Fiddlehoppers.

In July I celebrate the Grasshopper.


I have brass crickets and grasshoppers for my hearth.
I like to listen to the sounds of the Fiddlers at dusk.


I like going outside and taking photographs of the bugs. 
I like bugs. It is my favorite part of summer.






I have begun my study of mosaics.

Just getting started.
Thinking of how to set up my work space.

I am reading lots of books

and gathering my supplies.
It might take me awhile to get everything together for my first project. I am giving myself all the time I need.


I like these drawers for organizing supplies.

I like found materials too.


I shall be looking for my tools when I shop thrift stores.

From now on I will be saving any chipped or broken china I have.



I love the idea of Dancing Girls.


I see a set of coasters
from vintage thrift store china.


Could be a fun first project.
Or maybe a tray.
I can always use a tray.

This is cute.....
I think Mosaics are in my future.